It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:53 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Banned? Why? 
eXo Guest
eXo Guest

Post Banned? Why?
I was in the server as NoSh0t yesterday and I was banned for telling someone to shut up after being accused of running. I don't remember the exact words but it was something like:

Shut up, I have been in a crouched position camping and haven't moved. WTF?

I was not running at any point. I only play on tactical servers because I don't like playing on servers that allow players to run. I was not vulgar and was irritated that i was accused because I saw several other players running and nothing was said to them.

Can an Admin look into this and give me a reason why I was banned?

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:43 pm
eXo Founder
eXo Founder

Post Re: Banned? Why?
N0Sh0t wrote:
I was in the server as NoSh0t yesterday and I was banned for telling someone to shut up after being accused of running. I don't remember the exact words but it was something like:

Shut up, I have been in a crouched position camping and haven't moved. WTF?

I was not running at any point. I only play on tactical servers because I don't like playing on servers that allow players to run. I was not vulgar and was irritated that i was accused because I saw several other players running and nothing was said to them.

Can an Admin look into this and give me a reason why I was banned?

Here are our basic rules for our server. I would like you to refer to #9 and #12 as well as the last paragraph. This can be found under the information forum.

I see you were in clear violation and continue to violate our foul language policy as you post in our forums. eXo|Tactical has a zero tolerance policy for foul language of any type.

Simple enough. If you feel that you were not treated fairly then I suggest you ask the Tactical Council to reveiw you situation.

Basic Rules:

eXo is a CoD clan dedicated to the tactical/realism style of playing. When playing, we use common sense and follow a basic rule, "If a real soldier wouldn't or couldn't do it in real life, don't do it in game".

This basically covers things like :

1. No Rambo style of play ( i.e. running around blasting away from the hip just to fill an area with lead hoping to hit a target )

2. Do not just throw grenades around for no reason because you feel like it or throw them over large buildings in a hope of randomly catching someone there

3. Always use your sights (in extreme circumstances, panic firing is acceptable such as coming around a corner to see an enemy aiming at you)

4. Do not jump from heights of roughly 6 feet or higher as this would probably cause an injury to your legs when carrying full battle gear (somewhere around 40lbs of equipment) and the fact that no one is superman. An exception is being stuck in a high building and having to choose between a grenade exploding in your face or jumping out of a window that's high off the ground and hurting your legs.

5. Do not bunny hop under fire...seek cover instead

6. Do not run constantly, the enemy can hear your footsteps if you just run around like an angry herd of elephants. Crouch and move quietly and tactically. You may run from cover to cover while under fire only.

7. Do not spawn kill / spawn camp, it makes it a lot less fun when you can't get out of the spawn area because some moron is shooting into a known spawn point. This is poor sportsmanship and not fun at all if you're the one trying to get out of the spawn point.

8. Do not throw grenades into a known spawn point. This also is poor sportsmanship and not fun if you're on the receiving end.

9. Do not use vulgar language when on our server, we have young people that play here and we want to have a place where they don't have to hear / see such language being used.

10. Our run speed is turned down to reflect a more realistic run speed.

11. Team Killing will not be tolerated. You must apologize for all team kills.

12. Foul Language will not be tolerated at all, including acronyms of foul language. We offer a family environment, respect it.

These rules are in place to provide a fun and fair environment for ourselves and our guests. Follow the rules, you'll be welcome to stay and play........breaking the rules could get you anything from a warning to being kicked and/or banned...

Reference thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4593 for more information.

Thanks,

Grissom

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:50 pm
eXo Guest
eXo Guest

Shut up is vulgar? WTF? Abbreviation is vulgar? And if your server is that petty, then keep me banned because that is pathetic excuse for banning someone. That is no violation according to your #9 or #12. Not to mention that my response was to someone without Tags.

I'll also add that I was not warned and having only been on your server once or twice why was I not warned and referred to the TOS? I've watched players say a lot worse then WTF?

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:23 pm
eXo Member LOA
eXo Member LOA

NOSHOT I was the one that banned you, somebody told you to crouch and you said ( shut up I was crouched behind the boxes WTF are you talking about) and it was done on Friday not Sunday.

Far as the foul language it is a family server and kids play on it and we try to keep it clean. We also scrolled the rules the whole game and it clearly says (NO FOUL LANGUAGE) We have a policy no foul language of any type.

... ... ... eXo|Quackhunter

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:51 pm
eXo Founder
eXo Founder

N0Sh0t wrote:
Shut up is vulgar? WTF? Abbreviation is vulgar? And if your server is that petty, then keep me banned because that is pathetic excuse for banning someone. That is no violation according to your #9 or #12. Not to mention that my response was to someone without Tags.

I'll also add that I was not warned and having only been on your server once or twice why was I not warned and referred to the TOS? I've watched players say a lot worse then WTF?

Reason enough to keep this idiot banned.

Thread locked

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:00 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]